Covid-19 is here and it has already affected millions of Americans. While the number of infections is low in New Mexico, many of us have already taken the necessary precautions to be safe. But what about your business or job, how do we continue to work if we are quarantined at home?
Fortunately, there are a few options to allow remote work:
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to connect your computer at home to your network at your workplace.
- This allows you to access files on a server or even access your computer directly.
- Direct remote access
- With special software, you can connect securely to your office computer and work from there.
- This allows you to use your “desktop” at work as if you were sitting right in front of your Mac or Windows PC.
- If you have files in the cloud (Google for example), you can access those files from home or anywhere in the world.
- This is fairly easy to set up, but does not create as seamless of an experience as the other two options
- There are various software available to allow collaboration between employees. Most likely, you are already using these! If not, we can discuss your options.
At MacHappy, we have utilized the above solutions for many of our clients. Whether you are a business that would like your employees to work from home, or an individual that wants to work from home and avoid potentially getting sick by going to work, we can help you find the right solution for your needs.
Give us a call today for a simple 10-minute consult over the phone and we can develop a solution to keep your business afloat and your employees happy.